Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
I think the BBC figures are right. It's a rare example of the guardian skewing reality to suit the Tories!

Aside from the frustration I have with party politics, I do love all the graphs and charts from this stuff, but local elections are nothing like general elections or senedd elections etc. The numbers are so skewed on where elections take place etc that it's hard to get too excited bar the key takeaways of Labour doing well, Tories bad etc
I have no axe to grind as they say, as I have no confidence that either the Tories or Labour have a magic bullet solution to the malaise in the country. I agree with the above - it is ridiculous to try to predict the outcome of a general election based on local election results especially when the turn out was so low in most cases. I haven't got the time or the energy to look back to the previous local election results and see how the actual numbers of people who voted along party lines. I did it for the last couple of by-elections and the figures were quite enlightening.