Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Cameron? The dodgy genius who came up with the Brexit referendum because he was sure the result would be remain? I’d put him above the four who came after him, but none of the other Prime Ministers I’ve seen.

As for Starmer, he’s a lucky man because it would appear that the election when it finally comes will almost certainly rest on the great swathes of the country that have decided this Government has to go - I detect no enthusiasm for Starmer as PM, but it’s hard to see how it doesn’t happen now.
Now I am not saying this is WHY you think it but it highlights one of the few successes of Tory comms in recent times. The Tories have systematically been pumping news outlets with 'theres no enthusiasm for Starmer' for months now. They will up the ante now using the locals as evidence because most people won't recognise how stupid that is. They said the same with Blair.

https://twitter.com/AndrejNkv/status...16847355077034

It's a weird one because it is essentially an admission that the public would rather vote for anybody else but them, but in some mind****ery way, it does seem to cut through.