Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
Now I am not saying this is WHY you think it but it highlights one of the few successes of Tory comms in recent times. The Tories have systematically been pumping news outlets with 'theres no enthusiasm for Starmer' for months now. They will up the ante now using the locals as evidence because most people won't recognise how stupid that is. They said the same with Blair.

https://twitter.com/AndrejNkv/status...16847355077034

It's a weird one because it is essentially an admission that the public would rather vote for anybody else but them, but in some mind****ery way, it does seem to cut through.
What evidence do you see of enthusiasm for Starmer? I can understand his caution in a way, but he needs to increasingly get on the front foot in the coming months.

The Tories have got little left to campaign effectively with and targeting Starmer seems a sensible way for them to go to me because I dont' see the same attitude towards him that there was towards Blair leading up to 1997. I did warm to Starmer somewhat when I heard he'd been self deprecating about his speeches a while ago, I think that a bit more of that would go down well with voters (think a lot of Johnson's appeal came from that).