Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We Want You To Stay.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

We Want You To Stay.

Being sung again today!!

Why?

Re: We Want You To Stay.

It’s like the don’t sack McKay song, it was catchy and everyone loves a chant.

Danny Röhl done a good job at Sheff Wednesday since he arrived...

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Being sung again today!!

Why?
    maximum cringe from the loud minority that make up a bunch of the away support

if they can sing it at 5-2 what score do they need before they dont sing it? 10-0? seems unrealistic but so did 5-2 before this match

Being sung again today!!

Why?
    If not Bulut - just go and get Steve Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    If not Bulut - just go and get Steve Cooper
    I'd have Cooper here in a heartbeat, with or without that moron Tait
    Last edited by Mr Soul '68; 04-05-24 at 14:46. Reason: sPelluNG

It's all a bit weird. Being a football supporter has definitely changed over the years. It's become a bit more Evangelical and less critical. I don't know whether social media has something to do with it or that younger fans are less engaged, less critical, blindingly optimistic or Coked out of their head. Maybe all four, who knows.

It's odd because not even that long ago we as a group of supporters wouldn't stand for crap, even if the player or players in question couldn't help being crap. We would hammer the team in the lower leagues and we had players who weren't getting paid much more than a postman. It's also translated into media, the press are as soft as shit, Hammam and Ridsdale were given a grilling for some of their antica and rightly so. Before that the Kumar Brothers etc.

Maybe society has changed, maybe people aren't so critical anymore, maybe expectations are lower. It sort of adds up, we do take whatever bone is thrown our way both politically and socially, maybe that has spilt over into recreation etc. Who knows? Or, maybe they just love Bulut and his brand of football. I don't think that we have the most knowledgeable of fans at city. That might sound shitty, but so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's all a bit weird. Being a football supporter has definitely changed over the years. It's become a bit more Evangelical and less critical. I don't know whether social media has something to do with it or that younger fans are less engaged, less critical, blindingly optimistic or Coked out of their head. Maybe all four, who knows.

It's odd because not even that long ago we as a group of supporters wouldn't stand for crap, even if the player or players in question couldn't help being crap. We would hammer the team in the lower leagues and we had players who weren't getting paid much more than a postman. It's also translated into media, the press are as soft as shit, Hammam and Ridsdale were given a grilling for some of their antica and rightly so. Before that the Kumar Brothers etc.

Maybe society has changed, maybe people aren't so critical anymore, maybe expectations are lower. It sort of adds up, we do take whatever bone is thrown our way both politically and socially, maybe that has spilt over into recreation etc. Who knows? Or, maybe they just love Bulut and his brand of football. I don't think that we have the most knowledgeable of fans at city. That might sound shitty, but so be it.
    Or maybe, just maybe, the majority of our fans were expecting a long hard season, fighting against relegation, considering the embargo, lack of quality signings, and lack of a decent squad. Proved by the fact, that even though we finished higher than the other 3 Welsh league clubs, we only had 1 player in the Welsh league team of the season.
    The ones who travelled today, were probably glad that they weren’t fans of Brum, Plymouth, Blackburn and Sheff Weds, whose fans were all shiting themselves today.
    Maybe, just maybe, the fans who travelled today, are a bit more optimistic than all the doom mongers on here, and think that next season Bulut will do even better.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Or maybe, just maybe, the majority of our fans were expecting a long hard season, fighting against relegation, considering the embargo, lack of quality signings, and lack of a decent squad. Proved by the fact, that even though we finished higher than the other 3 Welsh league clubs, we only had 1 player in the Welsh league team of the season.
    The ones who travelled today, were probably glad that they weren’t fans of Brum, Plymouth, Blackburn and Sheff Weds, whose fans were all shiting themselves today.
    Maybe, just maybe, the fans who travelled today, are a bit more optimistic than all the doom mongers on here, and think that next season Bulut will do even better.
    “Even better”, does that mean there’ll be five games next season when I’ll be able to say I enjoyed that at the final whistle?

All that just seems a retort for the sake of it. We had two players in the Welsh league (Goutas & NG) as far as I remember. Grimes was the only Swansea player. Of course we're all glad that we weren't shitting ourselves. But I get really pissed off at being called a 'doom monger' for critiquing the shite that Bulut has served up this season and still people want to give him more time and money.

We just lost 5-2 to Rotherham. We've been abysmal at home (which is where the vast majority of fans spend their time and money). It's condescending to refer to critics as 'doom mongers' and doesn't add to the debate or discussion in a constructive way. It just sounds like 'superiority' or....maybe....delusional which segues into evangelical.

He will not produce a decent football side. The evidence was stark to day. The fist-pumping was embarrassing. The chants are embarrassing. How much more do fans want to see before they realise he's a charlatan?

Maybe......

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    “Even better”, does that mean there’ll be five games next season when I’ll be able to say I enjoyed that at the final whistle?
    You never know Bob. My point is, none of us expected big things this season, but we finished top half. Ok most of the football was not pretty on the eye to say the least, but with our recent managerial appointments, I’d be happy to give Bulut another season and see if the football improves. If it doesn’t, then move on.
    It’s not is if we’ve been used to watching exhilarating football for the last 12 yrs or so.

.....I’d be happy to give Bulut another season and see if the football improves.....
    Do you think Bulut will be happy with another one-year contract?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Off his chump….where else would he get paid so highly?

Being sung again today!!

Why?
    Not very clever people?

I don’t know, but personally if it was up to me I wouldn’t give him any more than that at the moment.
    If it was up to me, i’d want a long discussion with him, about his long term vision, plans, and style of football. If he delivered on all fronts, and at the end of next season, I could see his plans starting to bear fruition, I’d be willing to give him a longer contract.
    If he wanted a longer contract right now, then I’d shake his hand, and tell him this is where we part company.

I don’t know, but personally if it was up to me I wouldn’t give him any more than that at the moment.
    If it was up to me, i’d want a long discussion with him, about his long term vision, plans, and style of football. If he delivered on all fronts, and at the end of next season, I could see his plans starting to bear fruition, I’d be willing to give him a longer contract.
    If he wanted a longer contract right now, then I’d shake his hand, and tell him this is where we part company.
    The problem is, apart from it being not up to you,who could he have a discussion with about long term and style of football? His employers have no clue about such things.

Pretty sure the length of contract was mentioned in the press as being one of the things to be negotiated, and the suggestion was he wants a three-year contract. He’s got some nerve considering he was sacked from his last job in Turkey after 20 months.

Being sung again today!!

Why?
    Think the fist pump waaaay waaay waaaay thing was more odd.

Pretty sure Sawyers had a go after being encouraged by Erol. What a send off, bet he’s thrilled

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Think the fist pump waaaay waaay waaaay thing was more odd.

Pretty sure Sawyers had a go after being encouraged by Erol. What a send off, bet he’s thrilled
    shows how out of touch bulut is with the players too..didnt really use sawyers this season what a embarrassing thing to get him to do at the end of a 5-2 thumping that he wasnt even a part of

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    shows how out of touch bulut is with the players too..didnt really use sawyers this season what a embarrassing thing to get him to do at the end of a 5-2 thumping that he wasnt even a part of
    Which suggests, on top of the football he serves up, he's really not the sharpest is he? Those comments about the ref. today. I'd sack him just for that. There've been managers in lower league clubs who've given refunds to supporters for dishing up crap like that.

Pretty sure the length of contract was mentioned in the press as being one of the things to be negotiated, and the suggestion was he wants a three-year contract. He’s got some nerve considering he was sacked from his last job in Turkey after 20 months.
    I would ask you if you think the club are naive enough to agree to that, but I think I know what your answer would be 😁

I would ask you if you think the club are naive enough to agree to that, but I think I know what your answer would be 😁
    I genuinely don’t think Tan will entertain a three-year contract. I get the impression he’s not convinced by Bulut. No real evidence for that, just a feeling.

I genuinely don’t think Tan will entertain a three-year contract. I get the impression he’s not convinced by Bulut. No real evidence for that, just a feeling.
    Tan's part of the problem as much as the solution but I can't see him offering three years.

I can't see Tan offering a 3 year contract to anyone. We're paying off so many managers at the moment I'm not surprised that Tan would be ultra cautious.