+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We Want You To Stay.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: We Want You To Stay.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    It's Tan's business model to put in a trusted figure from within his organisation/network, unfortunately he put someone in that was way out of their depth and got the "run around" from senior staff on the football side of the operation.
    Tan replaced Gethin Jenkins with Alan Whiteley initially, but once Whiteley had completed the onerous task of introducing Tan’s vanity project he was binned too. I may be getting the timelines mixed up, but wasn’t Simon Lim the next in line?

Tan also ditched TG around the same time. I’d love to know the background to that story, but it never really emerged.

Re: We Want You To Stay.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Tan replaced Gethin Jenkins with Alan Whiteley initially, but once Whiteley had completed the onerous task of introducing Tan’s vanity project he was binned too. I may be getting the timelines mixed up, but wasn’t Simon Lim the next in line?

Tan also ditched TG around the same time. I’d love to know the background to that story, but it never really emerged.
    Yes, Simon Lim was the appointment from within Berjaya Corp (I think it was the hotels division). FWIW when TG's name first appeared I asked my Malaysian contact if they knew anything about him, the initial response being "never heard of him, I will find out". Next day I was told TG was a "front man for Vincent Tan" and given a run down on VT.
    TG moving on appears consistent with his role as a "front man" while VT assessed the investment and it not being planned as a long term involvement.