Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
Yes, Tan was apparently almost a sleeping partner during his initial involvement. Gethin Jenkins was the CEO, TG was the chairman and the club had directors such as Alan Whiteley and Steve Borley who were actively involved in the decision-making.

I believe Tan only began getting seriously involved after that season had got underway, and one of his first major decisions was to relieve Jenkins (the man who had been credited with overseeing Mackay’s appointment) of his duties.

I was at the CCS for a travel meeting when the news about Jenkins emerged. He came into the meeting, thanked us for our support and told us Tan was offloading him as he believed he was ‘unlucky’ (I’m quoting Jenkins there).

That, for me, was the first sign that Tan might be a problem, but the rest of the season went well enough and we heard little about Vinnie until the rebrand leak.
It's Tan's business model to put in a trusted figure from within his organisation/network, unfortunately he put someone in that was way out of their depth and got the "run around" from senior staff on the football side of the operation.