Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: We Want You To Stay.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    If not Bulut - just go and get Steve Cooper
    I'd have Cooper here in a heartbeat, with or without that moron Tait
    Last edited by Mr Soul '68; 04-05-24 at 14:46. Reason: sPelluNG

Re: We Want You To Stay.

It's all a bit weird. Being a football supporter has definitely changed over the years. It's become a bit more Evangelical and less critical. I don't know whether social media has something to do with it or that younger fans are less engaged, less critical, blindingly optimistic or Coked out of their head. Maybe all four, who knows.

It's odd because not even that long ago we as a group of supporters wouldn't stand for crap, even if the player or players in question couldn't help being crap. We would hammer the team in the lower leagues and we had players who weren't getting paid much more than a postman. It's also translated into media, the press are as soft as shit, Hammam and Ridsdale were given a grilling for some of their antica and rightly so. Before that the Kumar Brothers etc.

Maybe society has changed, maybe people aren't so critical anymore, maybe expectations are lower. It sort of adds up, we do take whatever bone is thrown our way both politically and socially, maybe that has spilt over into recreation etc. Who knows? Or, maybe they just love Bulut and his brand of football. I don't think that we have the most knowledgeable of fans at city. That might sound shitty, but so be it.