Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
For a change, I’m actually with you on this.
I’ve watched and played snooker for over 40 yrs.
I can appreciate the safety and tactical side of the game, but it doesn’t make for great viewing in my opinion.
Back in the day, I wouldn’t have watched Terry Griffiths v Cliff Thorburn even if they were playing in my garden, but I’d have paid top dollar to watch Jimmy White v Alex Higgins.
It’s kind of similar to the 2008 FA cup final.
Us v Pompey would have gained little interest from out with both camps, apart from Swansea and Saints fans watching, hoping that their rivals lost.
In fact when I’ve been working away, or on holiday, if I get talking football to a stranger, most of them can’t even remember Cardiff City were in the FA cup final of 2008.
I hope Jones wins the final, simply because he’s Welsh, and a qualifier. I would like to see him open up a bit though, and really take it to Wilson.
But that’s probably not gonna happen, and you can’t blame him.
I wasn't going to watch the final for the first time in many years, but I did. In fairness, Jak had more of a go than in any of his other games this tournament and it was really sad to see him struggle in the first session, but he played some terrific stuff in the evening and was very unlucky to have only won it 5-4.

Wilson has been the best player in the tournament so far and probably deserves to win it. Jak clearly has a great talent and, going forward, if he can show a bit more positivity in his game, can challenge the top players.

Not sure if you follow darts, but several years ago me and Mrs HaB went to the World Darts one afternoon at Ally Pally. Tickets bought months in advance, so no idea who would be playing. Had Dennis Smith and Dennis Priestley on the same afternoon. Great fun.....