+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jak Jones

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Jak Jones

This is a huge underdog story. He has done brilliantly. Safety is a big part of the game. I hope Jak wins the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    This is a huge underdog story. He has done brilliantly. Safety is a big part of the game. I hope Jak wins the final.
    True, Pearcey3. What we can fail to realise is that at the level we are talking about here, the World Championships, a mistake can lead to you losing the frame in no time at all.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    True, Pearcey3. What we can fail to realise is that at the level we are talking about here, the World Championships, a mistake can lead to you losing the frame in no time at all.

StT.
    <><
    Maybe I'm being daft here, wouldn't be the first time, but the expertise in playing a top safety shot is on a par with potting the most difficult long ball. The difference is that, if you're a fraction out a safety could still be a safety, but a pot would be missed and possibly left. Most top players back themselves to make a long pot and are happy with the consequences if they miss. I know that, whenever I'm thrilling my local snooker club with my presence and crowds are gathering around to watch me compile another huge break of 13, I'm never really thinking safety.....