+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are opinions on bulut really divisive or is there actually quite a clear consensus?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Are opinions on bulut really divisive or is there actually quite a clear consensus?

Paul abbondanto was saying bulut maybe divides fan opinion more than any other manager for 60 years or so.

There is clearly plenty of debate but broadly it seems to me there is a reasonable consensus.

I think most think extending his stay for a year contract is reasonable, even if reluctantly so.

I think even his biggest supporters would say just an extra year is fine.

Of course some Will think he doesn't deserve one more day and others Will think he should be backed for a 3 or 4 year deal and is building something. However I do think the majority would be in the camp of offering him a slightly longer stay albeit with little enthusiasm.

That fair?

And in fairness to the club from what bulut is sharing publicly it seems like that's where the Club are. Willing to let him stay but not on a huge contract with full control etc.....

For what it's worth i expect an announcement thanking him for his services and announcing the parting of ways will be on the official website in about 10 days.

Re: Are opinions on bulut really divisive or is there actually quite a clear consensus?

another 1 year contract, see where we are next march and renew it then if doing ok

Re: Are opinions on bulut really divisive or is there actually quite a clear consensus?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    another 1 year contract, see where we are next march and renew it then if doing ok
    Yep I think the majority would agree with that.

It sounds like that's what the club are offering more or less and if that's not enough we should bid him farewell.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yep I think the majority would agree with that.

It sounds like that's what the club are offering more or less and if that's not enough we should bid him farewell.
    the majority of what? your household of one?

One year deal with some cash

We can't arse about with the same forwards they are all duds

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

So if bulut demands more than 1 year or he Will walk even you would say to get rid?

Ugbo was decent.

If we really must extend his contract and I'm not for one minute advocating that we do, perhaps a one year extension with an option for an additional 12 months if certain parameters are met. For instance the board may insist on a top 6 finish and providing they give him financial backing the ball would be in Bulut's court. Take it or leave it.

Every poll I’ve seen backs him tbf.

abbondanto has criticised Bulut all season then comes out with random article supporting him. Does seem a bit like Tan is damned if he does and Damned if he doesn’t.

My concern is Bulut is given a 2 or 3 year deal, he doesn’t make it to Xmas and we pay him up, Tan will be done with giving managers any longer than 1 year and that will attract the lesser managers. I think this decision is a big one.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Every poll I’ve seen backs him tbf.

abbondanto has criticised Bulut all season then comes out with random article supporting him. Does seem a bit like Tan is damned if he does and Damned if he doesn’t.

My concern is Bulut is given a 2 or 3 year deal, he doesn’t make it to Xmas and we pay him up, Tan will be done with giving managers any longer than 1 year and that will attract the lesser managers. I think this decision is a big one.
    Yep but backs him in a simple yes/no. Which is my point.

If the poll was should bulut get a 4 year contract, a big payrise and complete control then that may well be a no.

Even Sludge above who is backing him constantly only says he should get a 1 year deal.

If the poll was should bulut get a 4 year contract, a big payrise and complete control then that may well be a no.

Even Sludge above who is backing him constantly only says he should get a 1 year deal.
    I agree, for me it’s a no. But every poll I’ve seen says people want him to stay.

It's a tricky toss of the coin.

19 wins is one of our best at this level.

22 defeats is one of our worst at this level.

Goals scored is below average. Goals conceded is rubbish.

I get why fans tend to either support Bulut or not. It's been better than the last 2 seasons, if that's some endorsement.

Do you look at the positives or negatives? Both are totally valid.

I think that's being prosaic and sensible

I think that's being prosaic and sensible
    And between the lines from what bulut is saying he's being offered something.

I just think it's not as simple as wanting him to stay or not and that's it. The club are correct to have discussions with him in my opinion but if he starts demanding all sorts I'd end the discussions fairly promptly.

So if bulut demands more than 1 year or he Will walk even you would say to get rid?
    Yes I think 🤔

I thinks he's done well but of course he's not the messiah

I agree, for me it’s a no. But every poll I’ve seen says people want him to stay.
    The other board has done one today - 52% stay.
    On here it was 56% stay, although that was before yesterday's embarrassment.
    Support seems stronger on twitter (and some of them get very pissy if you don't agree with them!).

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    The other board has done one today - 52% stay.
    On here it was 56% stay, although that was before yesterday's embarrassment.
    Support seems stronger on twitter (and some of them get very pissy if you don't agree with them!).
    Twitter is a weird place, there is one guy who wanted him sacked in February and adamant he was useless, now he’s on a crusade that Bulut must get a new long term contract and everything he wants lol.

And between the lines from what bulut is saying he's being offered something.

I just think it's not as simple as wanting him to stay or not and that's it. The club are correct to have discussions with him in my opinion but if he starts demanding all sorts I'd end the discussions fairly promptly.
    Taking the emotion out of it and just looking at the facts
    The win ratio was pretty good
    The loss ratio was poor
    Goals scored poor
    Goals conceded abysmal

Style of football has bored me rigid

The claim that he wasn’t backed properly is laughable
    We signed two Greek internationals
    A decent keeper with a good track record involved with promoted teams
    A player on loan who has previously cost £15M
    A top rated Championship defender who was signed by Liverpool

Were toothless in attack
    Have no midfield creativity
    We have a natural No 10 , who Bulut wants to play as a defender almost?
    The team lack any passion
    Wintle has a contract extension, he couldn’t tackle the skin off a rice pudding?????
    Bowler has too play if he’s fit, I’m still not sure what he’s fit for?
    We play a forward who scores when Haleys comet comes around
    We sign another who would struggle getting a game on Pontcanna park on a Saturday

Then to cap it all, if we have any promising young players, he’ll coach that talent out of them, while they learn to play in the rigid system that ensures they don’t cross the half way line unless 56 backwards passes have taken place!!!

I’ve renewed my ST, it’s what we do, but I really can’t see what this guy has done, that makes him think he can dictate the terms of a potential contract extension??

Is this really the height of our ambition as a football club?

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Taking the emotion out of it and just looking at the facts
    The win ratio was pretty good
    The loss ratio was poor
    Goals scored poor
    Goals conceded abysmal

Style of football has bored me rigid

The claim that he wasn’t backed properly is laughable
    We signed two Greek internationals
    A decent keeper with a good track record involved with promoted teams
    A player on loan who has previously cost £15M
    A top rated Championship defender who was signed by Liverpool

Were toothless in attack
    Have no midfield creativity
    We have a natural No 10 , who Bulut wants to play as a defender almost?
    The team lack any passion
    Wintle has a contract extension, he couldn’t tackle the skin off a rice pudding?????
    Bowler has too play if he’s fit, I’m still not sure what he’s fit for?
    We play a forward who scores when Haleys comet comes around
    We sign another who would struggle getting a game on Pontcanna park on a Saturday

Then to cap it all, if we have any promising young players, he’ll coach that talent out of them, while they learn to play in the rigid system that ensures they don’t cross the half way line unless 56 backwards passes have taken place!!!

I’ve renewed my ST, it’s what we do, but I really can’t see what this guy has done, that makes him think he can dictate the terms of a potential contract extension??

Don't ask me why but last evening I watched this :

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...tingham-forest

Season before last managed by the biggest 'dinosaur' of them all, Mick McCarthy. What struck me was how quickly we moved the ball, there seemed to be energy throughout the team, yet we wouldn't have said so at the time. Is it that we've dropped so low in our expectations with the absolute rubbish we've witnessed 95% of the time under Bulut? The more I think of this, I wouldn't want him in charge of my team for another day let alone a season or 3....

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Don't ask me why but last evening I watched this :

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...tingham-forest

Season before last managed by the biggest 'dinosaur' of them all, Mick McCarthy. What struck me was how quickly we moved the ball, there seemed to be energy throughout the team, yet we wouldn't have said so at the time. Is it that we've dropped so low in our expectations with the absolute rubbish we've witnessed 95% of the time under Bulut? The more I think of this, I wouldn't want him in charge of my team for another day let alone a season or 3....
    McCarthy gets slaughtered for his five centre backs team but in fairness he was trying something different to get us out of a rut. No matter how bad things get next season I don't think Bulut is tactially bright enough to change his approach.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    McCarthy gets slaughtered for his five centre backs team but in fairness he was trying something different to get us out of a rut. No matter how bad things get next season I don't think Bulut is tactially bright enough to change his approach.
    If a new contract hasn't been offered by now - then I think the writing is on the wall for Bulut. Either that or Tan is selling the club. Tan and Co will have their reasons for not finalising it by now and it seems they dont want to make that public quite yet.

Meanwhile the hooligan with the all the books seems to be suggesting that Dave Jones is on the way back with Sam the Scam.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Not sure about the football club itself, but during Tan’s reign the fanbase gradually seems have become one which readily accepts and even embraces mediocrity. Stockholm syndrome maybe.

I saw the extend highlights of the Rotherham game yesterday, which included footage of Bulut doing his fist pumps to an appreciative away end. That was genuinely embarrassing, but perhaps an indication of what the fanbase has become.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I saw the extend highlights of the Rotherham game yesterday, which included footage of Bulut doing his fist pumps to an appreciative away end. That was genuinely embarrassing, but perhaps an indication of what the fanbase has become.
    Yes, I was absolutely speechless. What have we become?

Twitter is a weird place, there is one guy who wanted him sacked in February and adamant he was useless, now he’s on a crusade that Bulut must get a new long term contract and everything he wants lol.
    Ah yes, February to May - definitely when we played our best football 🤷

What common ground is there across the fanbase regarding their reasons for watching football, setting aside Bulut for a minute?

I came up with three thoughts. Others may think of more.

* A desire to feel some excitement prior to, during, and after each match.

* Hoping the club becomes an established top-flight team...perhaps with some cup runs along the way.

* Feeling like the club is 'yours'

Now, for me, I judge Bulut's potential appointment against those and, sadly, he fails at the first hurdle.
    That said, I also find little prospect of the other 2 hurdles ever being overcome again under current management/ownership.