+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Peterborough United and Solihull Moors, but not Cardiff City it seems.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Peterborough United and Solihull Moors, but not Cardiff City it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just listened to the Monday night podcast where it was said Blackburn had “developed” Sammy Szmodics. In fact, Szmodics started at Colchester, went to the wurzels where he played a grand total of three league matches before signing for, wait for it, Peterborough United , who sold him for a seven figure fee to Blackburn. There are several times through Szmodic’s career when we could have signed him because the fees he’s gone for have not been huge, but we don’t tend to make signings like that from the lower divisions, yet on the rare occasions when we did, we’ve ended with Ng, Wintle and Adams, three players who I’ve heard it said we’re going to cash in on to raise cash for new players during the summer.
    "cash in" on Wintle ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    "cash in" on Wintle ?
    I rate Wintle more highly than many on here do and I’d say there are Championship sides who were willing to pay a decent fee. He was, rightly, nominated man of the match in our win over Ipswich which has to be a candidate for our best win of the season - it’s not his fault that the current manager thinks he can be a number 10 at this level and we keep on signing players who don’t give us a balanced midfield.

I was repeating what I heard others saying, but the truth is, I agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    "cash in" on Wintle ?
    Now is the Wintle of our discontent?