+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season ticket sales

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Season ticket sales

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m interested because I’ve missed a few this season due to holidays and I’m glued to my phone following the game wherever me and the missus are.
    When I stopped attending games in 2012 it was strange to begin with, but I found I was very quickly out of the habit. Within a few months it had reached the stage where I was often scarcely giving the games a second thought on match days and there were some midweeks when I didn’t even know games had taken place until after they had finished.

Very different circumstances of course, and it would have been different if I was missing the odd game here and there while knowing I’d be at the next one, but the rebrand taught me how easily and quickly you can find other things to do if you decide to stop going to games for any reason.

Considering supporting City had been such a huge part of my life for 38 years at that stage, it was quite a surprise.

Re: Season ticket sales

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    When I stopped attending games in 2012 it was strange to begin with, but I found I was very quickly out of the habit. Within a few months it had reached the stage where I was often scarcely giving the games a second thought on match days and there were some midweeks when I didn’t even know games had taken place until after they had finished.

Very different circumstances of course, and it would have been different if I was missing the odd game here and there while knowing I’d be at the next one, but the rebrand taught me how easily and quickly you can find other things to do if you decide to stop going to games for any reason.

Considering supporting City had been such a huge part of my life for 38 years at that stage, it was quite a surprise.
    I know where you’re coming from , I find it fairly boring at times but I go for reasons other than the actual game.

I tend to make a day of it , but it’s no different to years ago when many would have the intention of going to the games only to stay in the kings.

The season tickets are such good value that I usually miss the night games as my lad is too young for them and there is plenty of tv coverage sat in the warm at home.

The gate money is only about 20% of the club’s current income so the current figure is better than expected when you factor in the disruption to kick off times next season.