+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Your working life.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Your working life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I've worked in health or social care for 35 years but been working for 44 years now as had a complete career change mid twenties - I've been fortunate as I can see the difference my day makes to people either directly or indirectly and that's a constant buzz

I'm ready to retire but can't afford to as we have always spent in the moment but had a life I couldn't imagine when I was growing but I don't dread going to work in the slightest. In fact I've been off for nearly four months due to spinal surgery and can't wait to go back in the next week or two

My bad experiences have been a couple of managers and I've tended to move jobs because of them rather than the job itself but equally I have worked for some incredible managers including my current boss 👍

So overall pretty blessed in work and life
    I envy you in that what you do makes a difference.

I just look back at all the thousands of stupid meetings that I have been to over my life and wonder what difference it made to anyone. And all of the other people wasting their time in these pointless meetings. We built some successful companies I suppose but to what end?

Re: Your working life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I envy you in that what you do makes a difference.

I just look back at all the thousands of stupid meetings that I have been to over my life and wonder what difference it made to anyone. And all of the other people wasting their time in these pointless meetings. We built some successful companies I suppose but to what end?
    Don't do meetings Bob, nor Emails, training days.