+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Your working life.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Your working life.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’ve been working now for 44 yrs, and thinking of either retiring altogether, or semi retiring and getting a part time job.
    I can honestly say in all of those 44 yrs, I’ve never woken up once, and not wanted to go to my work because I didn’t like the job.
    I’ve woken up with stinking hangovers when I was younger, but always managed to struggle through the day.
    Including the job I’m doing now, I’ve had 3 spanning over those 44 yrs.
    Has anyone on here ever had a job that they disliked so much, that they’ve woken up and not wanted to turn in ?
    Lucky you.

I have often not wanted to go to work but never ever thought of ducking it, as that isn’t what you sign up for. That is unforgivable in my eyes.

I wouldn’t say that I have enjoyed working but it has taken me places I never thought I’d ever go, and given me and my family a life that I wouldn’t have dreamt of as a child.

So I shouldn’t complain. Even though I do…… :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Lucky you.

I have often not wanted to go to work but never ever thought of ducking it, as that isn’t what you sign up for. That is unforgivable in my eyes.

I wouldn’t say that I have enjoyed working but it has taken me places I never thought I’d ever go, and given me and my family a life that I wouldn’t have dreamt of as a child.

So I shouldn’t complain. Even though I do…… :-/
    That really does sum up how I felt too - though I'm retired now. I left at 59. If I'd been one of those lucky people that felt happy every day going into work, I would have stayed much longer. A friend of mine once told me he was doing a career what he loved and couldn't believe he was getting paid for it too. My experience was a million miles from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    That really does sum up how I felt too - though I'm retired now. I left at 59. If I'd been one of those lucky people that felt happy every day going into work, I would have stayed much longer. A friend of mine once told me he was doing a career what he loved and couldn't believe he was getting paid for it too. My experience was a million miles from that.
    ...that he loved.