Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
Oh don't worry I still get caught up in the corporate bullshit but it is a necessary evil to keep the organisation legal decent and honest

I have a policy each day where I can, I do the worst aspects of my job first which leaves the more creative development elements to enjoy before I finish for the day ���� doesn't always work like that but that's the aim
As a youngster I was head hunted into a huge company on a local level , quickly working my way up to Branch manager , turning a depot losing money back into profit in charge of people way my senior . I loved it till I had to go to corporate meetings, listening to clueless suits spouting absolute nonsense , I quickly learned to play the game you kept your mouth shut no matter how unpleasant it was .
The huge company decided they no longer wanted to be in the game I was in and closed all their branches nationwide including mine.
At that point I decided if something I was in charge of was going to be closed down , it would be my doing not outside influences.
I started my own business not long after .
It will be 30 years old this year .
I only work when it suits me these days , spend most of my life travelling either in my camper or jumping on a plane to whatever .
I am always on the phone if the business needs me , I am working in the office at the moment to cover illness .
I enjoy working more than I ever have , not sure when to say enough is enough , I am a few years away from retirement but could pack it all up tomorrow if I wanted. I have run my race , its a lot more complicated than this little piece, on the whole I have enjoyed it , always got up with zest , sometimes kicked down but always came back for more .