+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What are your thoughts on The Grange pub...

What are your thoughts on The Grange pub...

...Mrs daughter works there and we were wondering what it's like in there.

Re: What are your thoughts on The Grange pub...

Its like a Pontcanna pub, in the middle of Grangetown. I find it quite odd.

It's nice. But I pay more for a pint in there than I do in a lot of places in London.

The owner is anti football and has an interesting past in terms of securing the buildings via her previous role. Including the landsdown.

Same owners at the Lansdowne, if you like it there then you'll like the Grange

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ...Mrs daughter works there and we were wondering what it's like in there.
    Other than the Cornwall - it is probably the only pub left in Grangetown other than the Cornwall.
    Same owners as the Lansdown and other owner runs a company that he just sold for 25 million. So they aint short of a few quid, so not sure why they are charging so much - other than to keep the 'riff raff' out. They probably go to Legends anyway.

I used to go there on a quiz night pre covid.Food was good and they always used to have a couple of different types of beer every couple of weeks or so.Very friendly place I found.

Quote Originally Posted by horse_face View Post
    The owner is anti football and has an interesting past in terms of securing the buildings via her previous role. Including the landsdown.
    I don't know about The Grange, but a lot of Cardiff fans go in The Lansdowne before matches and there is no evidence of the pub being anti-football

It's okay. I sometimes go in there before or after the game as I often get the train. Quite gentrified, but not stiflingly so.

It's not the greatest area of Cardiff, but I would have no issue with my daughter in law working there.

As someone who visits the place regularly, I'd say it was a pretty good pub. Good beers, decent menu, and friendly staff. They have a healthy range of evenings (quiz nights, music nights, etc), and when the weather is good they have bands outside, or pizza evenings. All in all, I'd say it's well-run pub that seems to be on the up, and I wish there was one like it closer to my house. I also wish it was a little less well-known, as it's starting to get busy on match days, but get there early and you're fine.
    On a more personal note, I have two nephews who work there (my brother's boys), and they're both great kids. I'm sure she'll like it there.

It’s not anti football in as much as they don’t want city /wales fans in there, they just refuse to put football on the telly. Rugby is on in there all the time.

Good beer and food. Last time I was in there they had Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard on the PA so it's a 👍 from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Good beer and food. Last time I was in there they had Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard on the PA so it's a 👍 from me.
    Pretty sure the bassist from Buzzard worked in the Lansdowne if I recall correctly

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Pretty sure the bassist from Buzzard worked in the Lansdowne if I recall correctly
    ...and that would be Zak..friend of the Mrs daughter..
    He no longer plays with BBB