+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Attendance as a Percentage of Capacity

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Attendance as a Percentage of Capacity

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well these figures seem to show that our ground is too big for us despite it being useful for a few Wales games
    No difference to Ninian Park for the majority of my time watching City.

I remember the 'Jock Stein' game which had an attendance of 40000. Next City game which was Bristol City attracted(?) about 4000 which was a decent crowd for that season.

What's your point here?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    No difference to Ninian Park for the majority of my time watching City.

I remember the 'Jock Stein' game which had an attendance of 40000. Next City game which was Bristol City attracted(?) about 4000 which was a decent crowd for that season.

What's your point here?
    I remember the night City beat Spurs in their double season 61/62 there was almost a full house, next home game against Villa there were 12,000, almost 40k difference. Got to say it though the Spurs game was without doubt the best atmosphere I’ve ever known at a City game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    I remember the night City beat Spurs in their double season 61/62 there was almost a full house, next home game against Villa there were 12,000, almost 40k difference. Got to say it though the Spurs game was without doubt the best atmosphere I’ve ever known at a City game.
    60/61. 45,463. Took City to 6th in 1st Division after 32 games ! Next game H v Blackpool, 19,754. City lost next 5 games, on the beach probably. [Butlins Minehead..]

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    60/61. 45,463. Took City to 6th in 1st Division after 32 games ! Next game H v Blackpool, 19,754. City lost next 5 games, on the beach probably. [Butlins Minehead..]
    Fickle fans ?

Always have been

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Saturday night game, straight after a rugby international in town. People from all over looking for a sporting day out. The Swansea game was a great atmosphere on a Saturday night this season, the win helped mind. Perhaps the City are a Saturday night team, the well oiled fans are certainly up for it

Man who doesn't go to Cardiff City games complains about the empty seats at Cardiff City games.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    60/61season. I was there too. March 11.