+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Retained list

  1. #1

    Retained list

    I can see other clubs have published their retained list - anybody on here know when ours will be published

    Also wonder, considering our managerial vacuum, who made the decisions, although don't think many players are at the end of their contract??

  2. #2

    Re: Retained list

    The EFL will publish all the retained lists in June (2nd Saturday according to their rules).
    The clubs do not have to publish the lists and can withhold permission for the EFL to publish them until the official publication deadline.
    Many clubs publish (or allow the EFL to publish) the lists at the submission deadline (which was last Saturday), Cardiff City have never done this.

  3. #3

    Re: Retained list

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    The EFL will publish all the retained lists in June (2nd Saturday according to their rules).
    The clubs do not have to publish the lists and can withhold permission for the EFL to publish them until the official publication deadline.
    Many clubs publish (or allow the EFL to publish) the lists at the submission deadline (which was last Saturday), Cardiff City have never done this.
    Cheers so either wait for the EFL, the players to announce it on their socials or the other board to have itn leaked to the club ,🤣🤣

  4. #4

    Re: Retained list

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Cheers so either wait for the EFL, the players to announce it on their socials or the other board to have itn leaked to the club ,����
    Itn is a television broadcaster

    Itk is a tosser

  5. #5

    Re: Retained list

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Cheers so either wait for the EFL, the players to announce it on their socials or the other board to have itn leaked to the club ,����
    I'm afraid so. It seems indicative of a "minimal compliance" culture at the club which runs through how things are administered and how they engage with their fanbase.

  6. #6

    Re: Retained list

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Itn is a television broadcaster

    Itk is a tosser
    🤣🤣

    I tell you what as I get older I have lost the ability to type - fecking useless

  7. #7

    Re: Retained list

    ............that's fu cking clueless

  8. #8

    Re: Retained list

    Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    ............that's fu cking clueless
    I'm that as well 🤣🤣

  9. #9

    Re: Retained list

    Players have already been told they just leave it as late as possible to announce to create drama for Sky Sports.

  10. #10

    Re: Retained list

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Players have already been told they just leave it as late as possible to announce to create drama for Sky Sports.

    Here is one for you …. One of Lutons best players has already signed for another club, was told that this morning by a MIG friend of mine.

    It happens bro, as explained numerous times. As I’ve always said you don’t have to believe everything you see on a messageboard, but the fact that you keep on about it is really weird and funny and suggests you’re trying too hard.

  11. #11

    Re: Retained list

    Sky Sports reporting this morning that Luthra's been released.

  12. #12

    Re: Retained list

    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Here is one for you Ö. One of Lutons best players has already signed for another club, was told that this morning by a MIG friend of mine.

    It happens bro, as explained numerous times. As Iíve always said you donít have to believe everything you see on a messageboard, but the fact that you keep on about it is really weird and funny and suggests youíre trying too hard.
    I know fully well how it works. My cousin had a 25 year+ professional and semi-pro career playing for clubs from the premier league down to the dungeon to non league and finally the welsh league. He had more than his fair share of moves and contract extensions. His son is now a professional footballer who has just been released by his parent club and his agent was already having discussions with clubs before last season ended. I know how it operates. Even if deals have been struck they wont be announced just yet because the transfer window isnt open for starters and they are obviosuly going to let their current club pay their wages until June 30th.

    That wasnt your point though you, you said deals are done months in advance then not accounced until deadline day, which I and others call bollocks on. . I dont believe for one second that if a deal was done to completion in June / July they they wouldnt announce it until deadline day. Firstly, they would miss pre-season with their new club, secondly the season is 3-4 weeks old by deadline day. It makes no sense whatsoever.

    As for trying too hard, do you think im going to be impressed because you mention that the Luton fan you know is a MIG? Why not just say Luton fan? Am I supposed to be impressed because this Luton fan you know is one of their hooligans? Im 48 mate, stuff like that stopped impressing me 20 years ago, not that it really did anyway.

  13. #13

    Re: Retained list

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I know fully well how it works. My cousin had a 25 year+ professional and semi-pro career playing for clubs from the premier league down to the dungeon to non league and finally the welsh league. He had more than his fair share of moves and contract extensions. His son is now a professional footballer who has just been released by his parent club and his agent was already having discussions with clubs before last season ended. I know how it operates. Even if deals have been struck they wont be announced just yet because the transfer window isnt open for starters and they are obviosuly going to let their current club pay their wages until June 30th.

    That wasnt your point though you, you said deals are done months in advance then not accounced until deadline day, which I and others call bollocks on. . I dont believe for one second that if a deal was done to completion in June / July they they wouldnt announce it until deadline day. Firstly, they would miss pre-season with their new club, secondly the season is 3-4 weeks old by deadline day. It makes no sense whatsoever.

    As for trying too hard, do you think im going to be impressed because you mention that the Luton fan you know is a MIG? Why not just say Luton fan? Am I supposed to be impressed because this Luton fan you know is one of their hooligans? Im 48 mate, stuff like that stopped impressing me 20 years ago, not that it really did anyway.

    I said most are , but if you know the process whatís the big deal , ultimately Iíve told you my scenario and it happens more often than not. The reference to MIG a was the fact that it was common knowledge outside the boardroom, nothing more, although duly noted. The term is not thought of in the same way as it was 20 years ago either, but as your not into that kind of thing you wouldnít be aware of that.

  14. #14

    Re: Retained list

    From memory of the normal squad there aren't many contracts up for renewal so it will just be a few from the youth squad.

  15. #15

    Re: Retained list

    Our club can rarely be bothered to keep fans in the loop when it comes to announcing a retained list

  16. #16

    Re: Retained list

    Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Our club can rarely be bothered to keep fans in the loop when it comes to announcing a retained list
    We can't even announce whether our manager is retained.

  17. #17
    International
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    North Cardiff ha ha
    Posts
    6,061

    Re: Retained list

    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Here is one for you …. One of Lutons best players has already signed for another club, was told that this morning by a MIG friend of mine.

    It happens bro, as explained numerous times. As I’ve always said you don’t have to believe everything you see on a messageboard, but the fact that you keep on about it is really weird and funny and suggests you’re trying too hard.
    A Russian jet told you?

  18. #18

    Re: Retained list

    Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    A Russian jet told you?
    Whoosh

  19. #19

    Re: Retained list

    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Here is one for you …. One of Lutons best players has already signed for another club, was told that this morning by a MIG friend of mine.

    It happens bro, as explained numerous times. As I’ve always said you don’t have to believe everything you see on a messageboard, but the fact that you keep on about it is really weird and funny and suggests you’re trying too hard.
    Here’s another for you. The Jacks captain has been lined up by another (this seasons) Championship club, I don’t know which one but they finished top 6. Maybe some influence from his former manager!

  20. #20

    Re: Retained list

    There's not many contracts expiring this summer.
    Of the three 'first team players' that are:
    Ojo and Sawyers will be released, and Jamilu Collins will be offered an extension (personally I wouldn't)

    Other than that I suspect Adams will be sold for a small fee to Derby and Rhinomohta and Robinson on the transfer list.

  21. #21

    Re: Retained list

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Here’s another for you. The Jacks captain has been lined up by another (this seasons) Championship club, I don’t know which one but they finished top 6. Maybe some influence from his former manager!
    From a close friend of his, I know that Matt Grimes was in negotiations with Fulham three years ago but they dropped him once they knew that they would be promoted and would be spending the following season in the Premier League.

  22. #22

    Re: Retained list

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    From a close friend of his, I know that Matt Grimes was in negotiations with Fulham three years ago but they dropped him once they knew that they would be promoted and would be spending the following season in the Premier League.
    And the same will happen again if Southampton beat Leeds. Grimes is a good championship player but hes not PL level. Not if Southampton have ambition to stay up and esablish themselves as a PL club again.

  23. #23

    Re: Retained list

    Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    There's not many contracts expiring this summer.
    Of the three 'first team players' that are:
    Ojo and Sawyers will be released, and Jamilu Collins will be offered an extension (personally I wouldn't)

    Other than that I suspect Adams will be sold for a small fee to Derby and Rhinomohta and Robinson on the transfer list.
    How the feck was Rhinomota given a 3 year deal.

    Best transfer weve ever had according to Steve Morison.

  24. #24

    Re: Retained list

    Ben Woodburn released by Preston. Who saw that coming when he was scoring that massive goal for Wales at 17 years old against Austria.

  25. #25

    Re: Retained list

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And the same will happen again if Southampton beat Leeds. Grimes is a good championship player but hes not PL level. Not if Southampton have ambition to stay up and esablish themselves as a PL club again.
    I beg to differ , played in every minute of Swansea’s season and would be an asset in the PL, just like Harry Darling is one of Southampton’s best players.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •