+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leicester could face record points deduction

Re: Leicester could face record points deduction

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Most of the Sky 6 have been reducing ST numbers and making more tickets available online via agencies etc. whereby a 'tourist' will pay 2 or 3 times what a ST brings in for a single game..
    So not the vast majority of clubs then. Just the 'Sky 6'.

What happens when they're on TNT or Amazon? Do the prices quadruple?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So not the vast majority of clubs then. Just the 'Sky 6'.

What happens when they're on TNT or Amazon? Do the prices quadruple?

Not sure what the hehe is for - PL clubs are increasing ST prices and reducing numbers as some ST holders are priced out. The club/s then get a lot more by selling those tickets on a match by match basis.

Most of the Sky 6 have been reducing ST numbers and making more tickets available online via agencies etc. whereby a 'tourist' will pay 2 or 3 times what a ST brings in for a single game..
    There's talk at Liverpool of them stopping season tickets and only allowing match by match ticket sales. Much bigger income for them.

Not sure what the hehe is for - PL clubs are increasing ST prices and reducing numbers as some ST holders are priced out. The club/s then get a lot more by selling those tickets on a match by match basis.
    I was laughing at the Sky 6 comment. So which are the clubs you’re referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    There's talk at Liverpool of them stopping season tickets and only allowing match by match ticket sales. Much bigger income for them.
    Who’s doing the talking?

I was laughing at the Sky 6 comment. So which are the clubs you’re referring to?
    Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea. They're often referred to as that when the subject of TV money & deals are brought up because they supposedly out muscle the rest. Conversely, there's also the 'other 14'..

I'm pretty sure every club has tourists from time to time. Indeed, I've been to watch teams in Germany, France and Spain as a tourist. But the notion that tourists could or would replace local supporters is just ludicrous as far as the vast majority of clubs are concerned.
    [B]Look at many Premier League clubs’ plans for next season and fans aren’t happy. Arsenal and Tottenham are not inviting any new OAP season-ticket holders – and are doing away with the idea of discounts for them. B].

Are you saying they are being ageist ?

People have been saying this sort of thing for about twenty years. Same as the European Super League.

As for the tourists, do they really want to watch Villa, Palace, Brighton, Wolves, Fulham, Everton, etc?
    Fulham ...... mmmmmm

Fans are increasingly subject to season ticket price increases, with Fulham charging £3,000 for one in their new Riverside stand
    Possibly looking for the more well healed tourist.

Villa

There is a vast disparity between the world outside Villa Park and the microcosm within it
    Lenihan discusses how Aston Villa changed their number of price brackets from six to four, losing the cheapest two. She impresses an ‘annoyance’ at how Holte Enders are being ‘forced out of their seats’ for hospitality. ‘My mum and dad sit behind the dugouts and are fully expecting to be moved along for premium seats,’ she adds. ‘My dad’s said he just won’t go if that happens and he’s been going down for 50 years. It’s forcing people out to chase the money. I’ve got a few friends who just can’t afford it now.’

Perhaps the article is all lies? More likely this is the way its going .
    Not for Cardiff , but if/when we get back in the greedy league , they wont miss a few flouncers for whatever reason , seats will be filled with tourists.
    They did when we got relegated though. Perhaps failure or lack of success keeps the clubs honest?