+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Ben Pickford

  1. #1

    Ben Pickford

    Coming to Cardiff from Cheltenham as a recruitment analyst. Apparently!

    Sounds like Bulut is staying if overhauling the backroom staff

  2. #2

    Re: Ben Pickford

    Or Steve Cotterill is coming....

  3. #3

    Re: Ben Pickford

    Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Coming to Cardiff from Cheltenham as a recruitment analyst. Apparently!

    Sounds like Bulut is staying if overhauling the backroom staff
    I doubt he would be moving the chairs around before he's signed a new contract..

  4. #4

    Re: Ben Pickford

    Seems like the recruitment team at Cheltenham certainly had a busy time last season, with 26 players arriving all on free or loans and 30 departing, must have basically been an entirely new squad.

    Didn't do them much good though as they were relegated to league 2

  5. #5

    Re: Ben Pickford

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Seems like the recruitment team at Cheltenham certainly had a busy time last season, with 26 players arriving all on free or loans and 30 departing, must have basically been an entirely new squad.

    Didn't do them much good though as they were relegated to league 2
    Wasn’t they the team that didn’t score a goal for about 20 games ?

  6. #6

    Re: Ben Pickford

    Pickford’s moving then

  7. #7

    Re: Ben Pickford

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Wasn’t they the team that didn’t score a goal for about 20 games ?
    Could be - clearly something else going on with them if they had such massive turnaround

  8. #8

    Re: Ben Pickford

    Used to work with Wales apparently

    I'd be very surprised if this had anything to do with Bulut as he has recruited staff from Greece & Turkey

  9. #9

    Re: Ben Pickford

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Wasn’t they the team that didn’t score a goal for about 20 games ?
    Cheltenham didn’t score in their first eleven league matches and also were beaten in the First Round of the League Cup without scoring - they acored their first league goal against Derby.

  10. #10

    Re: Ben Pickford

    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Used to work with Wales apparently

    I'd be very surprised if this had anything to do with Bulut as he has recruited staff from Greece & Turkey
    He could have contacts in North Gloucestershire

    I'd say any conclusions being drawn from this are tenuous at best

  11. #11
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    16,383

    Re: Ben Pickford

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Cheltenham didn’t score in their first eleven league matches and also were beaten in the First Round of the League Cup without scoring - they acored their first league goal against Derby.
    I only glanced at the WOL piece about him but the Cheltenham job - although the most recent - looks like a filler. He has spent much more time with Wales and Southampton. No idea how good he is as an analyst but his CV looks OK.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •