+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petition calls for game against Israelis to be cancelled

Petition calls for game against Israelis to be cancelled

Re: Petition calls for game against Israelis to be cancelled

Israel's hard right government go to extraordinary lengths to prevent Palestinian footballers from representing their national team and there are numerous other limitations imposed on Palestinian club sides in the region.

Against that backdrop, Cardiff City withdrawing from this friendly would be the wisest move as sporting boycotts can have a really big impact as part of a wider programme of sanctions against rogue states. And a rogue state is, I'm afraid, what Israel currently is under it's present extremism government.

I would have thought a rogue state is Libya, Syria, Somalia, Yemen or North Korea rather than Israel.

Unless you dont like Israel and Israelis etc - in which case , maybe we should pull out of the competition - who wants to be in the same competition as Israel.

Better still organise a friendly between Cardiff and Palestine - over to you Alfie

Maybe the FAW should call off the game against Israel next season and forfeit the points we got against them?

Just saying but what's the difference if we go ahead with this?

Let me just say the Israeli govt are over zealous bunch of prick when it comes to the Palestinian civilians.

Signed

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 11:59
    Signed

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 12:01
    Signed
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 11:59

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Irish wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 11:54
    Maybe the FAW should call off the game against Israel next season and forfeit the points we got against them?
    I do appreciate though that the whole sport/politics thing is a complex argument riven with contradictions

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 12:11
    anyway I'm off to read the Daily mail (joke joke )

had been deleting posts again

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Irish wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 12:30
    The Israeli international team and it's club sides are not currently barred from European/International competition and as Wales were drawn against them, we have little choice to play them or lose the points. Rock and a hard place etc.
    I know it's a joke, who are you trying to kid that an Irish man can read?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 13:24
    Wrong again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 13:30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 13:24
    Wrong again.
    source?

Another bit of Joo Bashing,

Get stuck in lads, it's a free for all, be abusive as possible
    Agenda CCMB

I'm expecting an empty stadium when Wales play Israel

Although, I do note Alfie, is already differentiating the circumstances, strange that like, init.

A petition to stop the Wales game anyone?, I'll sign both

BTW i think it's another stupid decision by the club to take this game but the way the club has been run in recent years it's not a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by heath/ccfc wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 13:51

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Abed

Quote Originally Posted by Leeroy Thornhill wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 13:28
    The Israeli international team and it's club sides are not currently barred from European/International competition and as Wales were drawn against them, we have little choice to play them or lose the points. Rock and a hard place etc.
    Unless or until Israel and Isareli club sides are suspended from competing on the world stage, it would be a simple and positive gesture on behalf of Cardiff City to withdraw from a (meaningless) friendly. 'Friendlies' such as this indirectly help to normalise and legitimise the behaviour of its government, in my opinion.
    You're right, I'm actually going to slowly work my way throughly the website one word at a time,, nodding my head at Peter Hitchens latest sanctimonious outburst whilst on the same page there is a close up of miley Cyrus's snatch......

Quote Originally Posted by Yossi Benayoun wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 14:28
    I have nothing against peace loving, decent Israeli's. I also recognise the right of the Jewish people - amongst the most persecuted people on the planet for centuries - to have a homeland. That homeland cannot be build on the misery of others though.

Does anyone else feel the people of Cardiff and Wales are being asked to lead the way on this? Perhaps it's because we're the only team (City) that are stupid enough to agree with play this fixture or perhaps our fans care more about Israel's war crimes but it does seem typical that it's our name on top of the petition.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Irish wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 14:37
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeroy Thornhill wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 13:28
    Unless or until Israel and Isareli club sides are suspended from competing on the world stage, it would be a simple and positive gesture on behalf of Cardiff City to withdraw from a (meaningless) friendly. 'Friendlies' such as this indirectly help to normalise and legitimise the behaviour of its government, in my opinion.
    I do appreciate though that the whole sport/politics thing is a complex argument riven with contradictions
    Fvcking liar

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 14:56
    This. Cardiff City are slowly beginning to repair their reputation after decades of hooliganism and more recently the comedy fashion in which the club's been run, why court entirely unwanted controversy in this way?

Quote Originally Posted by heath/ccfc wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 13:51
    That'll be cos' the circumstances are very different. City have chosen to play this game, Wales didn't and don't really have an option as Israel have yet to be kicked into the international sporting long grass.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 15:05
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 14:56