+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you spending your money on ?

What are you spending your money on ?

Holidays, weekends away, day trips, pub, meals out, Coffee's, petrol, football, cinema, lunchtime sarnies all gone what's left?

Saving a fortune, as long as I stay off the internet and don't go to Aldi and buy the shit I don't need from the middle aisle there's not a lot left?

Re: What are you spending your money on ?

Not so much spending as trying to recover the "investment" I made in Euro 2020 and the friendly in Rotterdam

Ive not a penny coming in ( though June might change that ) My wife is on 80% of her wages, ive mortgage holidayed for 3 months, paid off all CC's when we moved, only thing ive ordered is a pool for the garden, a old iphone for my mum, a set of printer carts, so spent under £200 in 3 weeks, i bet i spend that in starbucks / costa / cafes in the same 3 weeks

International

I've had £60 in my pocket since 21 March. Other than normal outgoings from the bank the only money I've spent has been on food paid for by card. A little more than normal spent on food but then again I'm not buying breakfast in work, not giving my boy money for uni, not buying him bus bus seaon ticket, not filling the car up with fuel every week, so its win win so far.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Ive not a penny coming in ( though June might change that ) My wife is on 80% of her wages, ive mortgage holidayed for 3 months, paid off all CC's when we moved, only thing ive ordered is a pool for the garden, a old iphone for my mum, a set of printer carts, so spent under £200 in 3 weeks, i bet i spend that in starbucks / costa / cafes in the same 3 weeks
    Paddling pool? Assuming so if you’ve only spent £200 on that lot

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Paddling pool? Assuming so if you’ve only spent £200 on that lot
    Yea, 12 ft round thing, 3 ft deep, it'll do for the girls if were still in lockdown, the new bungalow has a bit of land and we have discussed a endless pool ( a small pool with a flow to swim against ) one of our friends are just having one installed ( well that was the plan, they have built a lovely oak building to house it so far ) they look great to keep fit in, but its so far down our list for us

Banned

I'm saving whatever I have over. Not confident I will be retained if this goes on much longer. I am really determined to wipe out my mortgage as soon as I can.

Petrol to get to work, and food. It's a rarity pulling my wallet out at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Yea, 12 ft round thing, 3 ft deep, it'll do for the girls if were still in lockdown, the new bungalow has a bit of land and we have discussed a endless pool ( a small pool with a flow to swim against ) one of our friends are just having one installed ( well that was the plan, they have built a lovely oak building to house it so far ) they look great to keep fit in, but its so far down our list for us
    You love a humble brag fair play

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    To be fair, I don’t think he brags, just shares lots of information about his life and family... whatever floats your boat...

It all comes from a good place I think

Not sure I've saved anything yet. The money spent on my boy's school meals and fruit seems like a bargain. Having to shop for a week instead of maybe 3 smaller visits seems to be a more expensive way of doing it, if only due to trying to cover all eventualities. Having a list of meals doesn't work in our house. Our food waste is less than normal, so theres a lesson there. Being partly self employed means I'm not able to earn and so I'll soon be eating into the small amount of savings I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    he's only talking about a paddling pool and the longer term aspiration of a small pool you hardass

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    he's only talking about a paddling pool and the longer term aspiration of a small pool you hardass
    "I bought a paddling pool" must be about the humblest brag possible.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I helped build an outdoor swimming pool in Oxfordshire. I don't understand why people have outdoor pools in this country, it's only hot for a few weeks of the year.

It’s a month today since I filled up my car with petrol.
    I still have about 70 miles in the tank.

International

Quote Originally Posted by EadosEados View Post
    It’s a month today since I filled up my car with petrol.
    I still have about 70 miles in the tank.
    I think we need to top up soon though, the producers have come to an agreement so prices will e going back up soon. :(

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think we need to top up soon though, the producers have come to an agreement so prices will e going back up soon. :(
    I have no idea how much petrol is at the moment. Last time I saw a sign up it was about 101p a litre

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I have no idea how much petrol is at the moment. Last time I saw a sign up it was about 101p a litre
    Still about that

Nothing yet, might treat myself to a new Lappy

H
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I helped build an outdoor swimming pool in Oxfordshire. I don't understand why people have outdoor pools in this country, it's only hot for a few weeks of the year.
    I’ve done a few, just can’t see the point, the cost of maintaining it and running it for such short usage is insane. Same as a working age family having a seaside caravan, how many decent weekends do we get in our summers to justify the outlay? And bugger going down to spend a wet weekend in a caravan.

All spending going on food, drink and household items. Just the usual weekly stuff but more of it as we are all at home eating and drinking more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Nothing yet, might treat myself to a new Lappy

Somewhere for the wifey to sit I s’pose.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    All spending going on food, drink and household items. Just the usual weekly stuff but more of it as we are all at home eating and drinking more.
    More??? We’re down to five meals a day with around about fifteen cups of tea intermediately thrown in. We’ve reined the eating in considerably

Been buying car parts and working on the car

International

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Been buying car parts and working on the car
    What parts were missing before?