Quote Originally Posted by heath/ccfc wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 15:15
Maybe the FAW should call off the game against Israel next season and forfeit the points we got against them?
Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 15:05
Just saying but what's the difference if we go ahead with this?
Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 14:56
The Israeli international team and it's club sides are not currently barred from European/International competition and as Wales were drawn against them, we have little choice to play them or lose the points. Rock and a hard place etc.
Quote Originally Posted by Yossi Benayoun wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 14:28
Unless or until Israel and Isareli club sides are suspended from competing on the world stage, it would be a simple and positive gesture on behalf of Cardiff City to withdraw from a (meaningless) friendly. 'Friendlies' such as this indirectly help to normalise and legitimise the behaviour of its government, in my opinion.
Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 12:11
I do appreciate though that the whole sport/politics thing is a complex argument riven with contradictions
Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Irish wrote on Fri, 17 July 2015 11:54
So what you're in fact saying is when there's Euro qualification at stake, then your principles aren't so strong but not so for a "meaningless friendly". Laughable really.
Based on just about anything you've ever written on here, I never had you down as a man of principle, clearly I misjudged you. All hail the mighty heath