I was chatting to someone last night about City's progress this season under Slade and Trollope. The guy I was chatting to, a football agent, was scathing about Slade's methods, that our players are losing faith and that City will go nowhere fast. I pointed out that I saw Slade as little more than a front man with the charm while Trollope is the busy bee in the background getting the technical work done on organisation and tactics. But that still we are close enough to give it a decent shot.

He threw a total spanner in the conversation after about ten minutes and said "I hear from my contacts that your boys have opened talks with Brendan Rogers. Rogers enjoyed his time in South Wales and would go back, and although Tan wants his squad done cheaply he still wants to see better football and youth players coming through and be able to buy players cleverly and sell on. He has got out of this division and can kept that team in the Premiership. He thinks Rogers can tick all boxes and he is available".

I told the guy "I see the reasoning but Tan has beef with Rogers for his comments about his handling of managers in the past. I also reckon Brendan now sees himself as above this level and probably fancies a move to Spain next".

His reponse was "He isn't a name in Spain so no big club will go after him. What any mid tier team can pay in Spain Tan could easily match. He is talking I am telling you. Slade has hit the end of the road. They have the right No.2 but Tan still wants a better No.1. Slade was always a short term cheapie to keep the seat warm. Rogers ticks all boxes. Tan will pay".

Personally I think it's baloney but has anyone else heard this?