+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Despite the recent successes, I still want Slade replaced

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Despite the recent successes, I still want Slade replaced

I have to admit that Slade has done far better than I thought he could, and under difficult conditions but I still want him replaced at the end of this season.

Despite having a biggish budget and some decent players we will at best scrape into the play offs in one of the worst championships in living memory. That's not good enough.

I don't think Slade knows how to set up a team with a recognised style of play to provide a platform for long term success.

He persists with playing Pilkington and Immers upfront despite neither being an out and out striker. Both are excellent players but they are not natural finishers nor can they play with their backs to the opposition to help bring other teammates into play. However, when he was given cash to bring in strikers he bought absolute garbage.

Slade also stayed too loyal to players who are out of form. Case in point is his current policy of picking Malone regardless of his form.

His policy of stifling young talent like John and O'Sullivan has been well documented here and I can see no immediate improvement in this aspect.

I also doubt his ability to bring in big players to Cardiff which we will need to get into the premiership.

Finally, I don't think he has the personality to galvanise and lead a mad, bad club like Cardiff. We need a tub thumper at the helm and not an imitation of a geography teacher.

He seems a decent man, and he has led us to calmer waters so he can leave us with his head held high. But we need someone else if we are to kick on and get back amongst the big boys again.
    Last edited by ninianboy; 04-04-16 at 10:09.