Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
It is the immigration that pisses me off not the race of a particular person. There are thousands clammering to get into the EU and thousands more in France trying to get into UK.
The government (Whatever colour it is) lets them in. Look at the news reels, half of these people are young ablevbodied men between 18 and say 35. Why aren't they in their own country sorting it out.
The real reason is, and this is what politicians and others have been afraid to say for years, they know once they get here, generally speaking they'll get a much cushier ride than elsewhere.
Meanwhile I am having to fight tooth and claw, fill in mountains of application forms, reproduce so many documents and virtually grovlelto the Border Agency to get my legally married wife into UK to live with me. I am Cardiff born UK Citizen who served his country loyally for many years and basically the answer I get is, 'how do we know it isn't a marraige of convenience. Maybe she'll run away once she gets in." What a load of bollox. I'd be better off sticking her in the back of my mate's lorry. We have been married 4 years, I pay all my taxes and I see these people just walking into the country while my wife is barred. That is part of what is wrong with the immigration rules.

And before anyone else starts on about racism or any of the other words that accompany the permanently pointed finger of accusation when someone says the immigration laws should be scrapped- - - and just for the record - - - - - my wife is a MUSLIM.
Generally speaking, if your quality of life is going to be better somewhere else, the smart idea is to move there.