+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ched Evans - Updated NOT GUILTY

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Ched Evans

Quote Originally Posted by the leader View Post
    1. Apologies
    2. He went in and gave a statement. The woman's side is that she remembers absolutely nothing. If Evans had said nothing there would have been no evidence for the CPS to use. He went in to clear things up and North Wales Police did him in the arse.
    I'm all for rapists getting their just desserts but this case is more flawed than Trollope managerial CV
    This is absolutely correct. I was having a beer yesterday with a guy I know who happens to be a high court judge who retired about 3 months ago.
    He said that Ched Evan's solicitor was a dick head who gave him totally bad advice.
    He was arrested on suspicion before the woman made any complaint, which in itself goes against the letter of the law which says that rape is a 'personal' offence and can only be investigated if someone complains about it. In this case they arrested him and then went to interview her.
    That to me smacks of the good old north Wales Police pursuing him because of his "Celebrity" status. no doubt to them the only greater offence he could have committed would have been speeding.

His solicitor (this from the judge) should have instructed him to say "No comment" to all questions. He was virtually convicted on the basis of his own answers to police. Without those answers there would have been no case at all.

Also the alleged posts on her facebook page the next day would tend to refute the "Can't remember anything" response later. I would not be surprised if she was instructed to say this by police.

with regards to new evidence, that must be relevant facts that were not made public at the time of the original trial. The police and CPS should disclose ALL evidence to the defence including any that may tend to show the defendant's innocence. This includes evidence that the police have gathered that the CPS do not intend to present during the trial. If there was any evidence in the prosecution's possession that they failed to disclose to the defence then they are technically guilt of supressing evidence. The defence on the other hand can keep evidence to themselves until the present it in court.
    There have been other cases where police/CPS have withheld evidence that didn't help their case. It's illegal.
    Last edited by xsnaggle; 07-10-16 at 08:04.