Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I'm not saying Trump is another Hitler or anything, but I've been watching "The Nazis, A Warning From History" in the last couple of weeks and, although I knew that he was thought to be lazy, I didn't realise quite how lazy he was until I saw last week's episode. Hitler was seen to be hardly a details man as well as the programme claimed that some of the Nazi's worst pre war excesses were more down to underlings doing what they thought the Fuhrer (who it seems was willing to rubber stamp an awful lot , rather than go deep into what was proposed) wanted, than at the insistence of the man himself.

I repeat, I'm not accusing Donald Trump of being Hitler Mark Two, but I think there appear to be some parallels in the way the two men operate(d).
I've seen many people who are convinced he is just like him, I have no idea what to say to these people anymore, they are comparing Trump who has never killed anyone as far as I'm aware to Hitler who killed millions, how do go about having a sensible logical conversation with someone who thinks like that? He's offensive yes, but he is not a murderer.

'The definition of indoctrination is the process of teaching a person or group to accept a set of beliefs uncritically'

People are calling Trump and his supporters Nazis to dehumanise them, it gives them a easy moral justification to inflict online abuse and violence towards them, it's a very dangerous path imo.