My beloved Bluebirds sit proudly at the top of the league following a fantastic set of result throughout August, and yesterday my country are back in the game for world cup qualification thanks to a stunning goal from a talented 17 yr old with bags of potential.

After saying my goodbye's to family and friends at the stadium I make my way to central for the last train home to Aberdare in a somewhat buoyant mood.

However, within about ten mins of my journey the packed carriage I was in soon altered my mood. Are my ears deceiving me in my old age, no, a large group of lads who had been to the game are singing Spurs are on their way to Wembley and thereafter debating the merits of Harry effin Kane.

So much for the valleys being the bedrock of city supporters. Little wonder we can't attract 20,000 crowds despite the way we are playing and winning games. We are without doubt Premier League when it comes to plastic supporters and coming from a big family of season ticket holders for decades down the city, I for one can't understand how anyone can have an affinity to teams in a different country, when they have a team on their doorstep to support.