Bogle scored 19 goals for Grimsby (WOW, just WOW!) in the first half of the 2016-17 season before joining Wigan....but new manager Cook didn't think he fitted into Wigan's style.

Bogle seems to admit that although being in various team's academies, he didn't 'buckle down' and work hard enough to succeed and drifted into non-league football. "I was in the academies when I was younger and through, I believe, not applying myself and understanding work ethic and what it takes to be a top player, I ended up dropping down into non-league. Going into non-league opens your eyes and humbles you. You realise this isn't where you want to be playing, you want to be playing at the highest level.But now, like Mendez-Laing, he seems to have turned a corner. He said, "At my age it wasn't about going somewhere for more money, it was about coming somewhere with a manager who could improve me, take me to the next level as a player."

Bogle: ""I've got pace, work rate and I want to entertain the fans. I'm excited and looking forward to scoring goals."Warnock:"I like his enthusiasm. He's raw, he's similar to Mendez-Laing in some respects, and he's got desire. With the right guidance and the right players we can bring the best out of him."

If I'm honest, after Saturday's cameo, I was under-whelmed when I heard he was starting. But I eat my 'under-whelmedness' now. Some of his ball control after he settled down was impressive - I particularly remember his trapping a difficult pass on his thigh.

It seems the Bogle signing fits the Warnock template - the analogy of rescuing dogs from a dogs' home come to mind (for which I apologize) - and while one goal (should that be two?) doth not a striker make, I look forward to seeing him perform again.