Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
He said it when crowds were 26000. Crowds are now 16000. Let's not change the chronology of events - if he'd said it when crowds were 15000 fair enough.
Yes he did. But where do you think those extra 10,000 people came from that weren't going when we were playing in blue?
Do you think, just maybe, they suddenly appeared when it looked like we'd get promoted and be able to watch Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea?
Certainly the hospitality boxes were rammed during the premiership

My point is that before the rebrand we had about 15,000. We rebranded, were cantering to promotion and had a seaon in the prem where crowds sudenly went up by 10,000 coincidence?

We then got relegated, and crowds quickly returned to pre-rebrand, pre-promotion contending, numbers.

I'm sure there are still some who continue to boycott/have lost interest, but 10,000 of them?? Give me a break.

We're playing in Blue, the team spirit is great, the football is entertaining (despite what Wolves would have you believe) and it feels more like "our" club again.

Do yourself a favour, get down there, watch a game and see how you feel. You will be welcomed back with open arms. If you don't enjoy it or feel comfortable with it then fine.

But honestly, there is no way that 10,000 people stopped going because we played in red for a couple of seasons.