Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I see Baker was an unused sub at Wolves for Sheffield Wednesday yesterday - hopefully, he'll get some game time next week.
Bit of an odd one this. Wednesday only needed a point to win their under-23s league on Friday but Baker was pulled out of that to join up with the first team squad and then left on the bench. The under-23s lost 2-1 which not only cost them the title but second place too (Notts Forest overtook them on goal difference while Bolton won the league) so they didn't even make the play-offs. Apparently, Baker was due to make his first team debut recently but fell ill on the day of the game. Maybe next week, as you say.

Jarrad Welch scored (another) good goal yesterday in a man of the match performance for Weston. I never saw him play here but I remember you saying you rated him. I know Des Parrot was impressed with him at Cinderford last season and said he'd had a trial at Bournemouth. He seemed to leave here under a cloud but he's establishing himself at non-league level now, I wonder if a bigger club will come in for him in the close season.