Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
I was also surprised at the number of empty seats in the ground - especially in the Ninian Stand. Initially, I thought it was a maybe a traffic issue given the early kick-off time, but it soon became apparent that wasn't the case. No doubt holidays were a factor, but it was a puzzle all the same as most of the empty seats must belong to season tickets holders I'd guess.

After the game, I was talking to a mate who was sat in the upper tier of the Ninian Stand. He reckoned he paid £42 for his ticket. Is that right? Seems steep to me, I was under the impression that tickets were a good bit cheaper than that.
Dont know what you were watching but I was there and it looked pretty full to me and on match of the day, the camera got a wide angle of the ninian, upper ninian and canton end at a Newcastle corner and they were full. Perhaps you looked just before half time or at the end of the game when quite a few people had already left their seats ?. The only sparse areas were the two ends of the upper grandstand corporate and in the away end buffer zone where a whole block was empty.