Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
Thanks. So, basically, we’ve seen a bit of social media interaction between what in reality is a tiny percentage of the respective fanbases, which is no surprise at all given the circumstances. But can that really be described as a genuine bond?

As TOBW suggests, it will be interesting to see how the relationship between the two clubs develops in the coming months as their financial considerations move to the forefront and the realities of how this tragedy came about become more apparent.
Well yes, only time will tell i guess but its only been 2 weeks since the tragedy. Bonds need to grow over time.
Before we signed Emiliano I couldn't point to Nantes on a French map let alone know much about their football team. Now since the tragedy, i know they have a huge fanbase, the colours they play in, members of their team and so on. I'll probably pick up a game or two of theirs on tv and may even travel over to northern France on a weekender sometime in the future.
Its funny how the human mind works and if Emiliano hadn't have passed on, had already made his debut for us and playing down the CCS then I probably wouldn't bat an eyelid or give two hoots how FC Nantes are getting on.
Tragedies and death can bring people together in the most unusual way completely unexpected.

As above, i'm not expecting to write love letters and marry a Nantes girl and emigrate over there, but would like to think a bond of some sorts will be part of both teams fans over the next few years.
Like TOBW suggests, it could all go very bitter should any financial wrangles come into play although i'm hoping that wont be the case.