Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
The pitch invasion at Arsenal yesterday would never have taken place without what happened a few hours earlier at St. Andrews and so I think it's reasonable to assume that the next week will see copycat incidents somewhere along the line. Whatever the answer to the problem is, I hope anyone old enough to remember the events of April 1989 at Hillsborough realises that it isn't fences - I'd prefer to see ten foot wide moats around every pitch, but I realise that wouldn't be practical at some grounds.
Why do you think the incident at Arsenal was a copycat? A) I remember Chopra scoring a winner against the jacks and there was one fan on the pitch joining in the celebration and B) there was sufficient negative press that the person surely would have thought again.

If jail time and significantly fewer life chances afterwards doesn't put an individual off (because that's what this person is facing) then I think you're looking at wider problems in society. That won't be sorted by moats or fences.