Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
Can you apply this logic to why Morrison at corners.

He’s the target for virtually every one, so is in ‘the position ‘ as many times as anyone. Yet he still hasn’t been given a penalty this season.
It's a good question, depends on whether the referee deems it enough for a penalty although i was convinced that he was pulled on sunday and that it was a penalty. I haven't seen him impeded in that way in any other game this season and thought that it was a blatant pen. You may have a different perspective to me, you've also been to more away games than me and may have seen fouls that could've been a penalty. I'd say that your point is a separate issue, there has been pulling and contact at set pieces since the game was invented, Referees have never got a grip on it, largely because they would have to give a penalty at almost every set piece, you know as well as me having defended another corners and set pieces in your time. What i would say though is that there may be a bit of discrimination towards big central defenders in general, especially at set pieces fro referees, Sometimes it can look like the fouling in the penalty area is a mutual thing between players so refs let it go as it can be very crowded and chaotic. I think you've made a good point, maybe there's a need for an official to just concentrate on what goes on with the players at set pieces rather than the delivery as well, although i'm of the opinion that shit sometimes happens, I'm sure that Morrisson has got away with a fair few when defending our goal.