Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
Again, I didn't mention the 60s. For the 70s, if you really believe the drugs culture was anywhere close to the humongous level of today then you must be off your rocker.

I told you what culture I believe has been lost in the first sentence of my initial post - which is the collapse of Christianity. Yes, you could rightly contend that some people still attend places of Christian worship in the UK and therefore that culture hasn't completely vanished. But it's all but disappeared. As I implied, that demise coincided with it becoming far more socially acceptable to have illegitimate children, and today almost half UK babies are born outside marriage. I'd wager the percentage of babies born within wedlock is much higher for those of mothers of the Hindu, Muslim and (especially) Sikh faiths than it is for those females who self-identify as Christians or atheists.
So you genuinely think the country is worse off because fewer people go to church?

And think kids are worse off just because their parents don’t have a piece of paper saying they’re married?