[QUOTE=the other bob wilson;5009030]Let's face it, given the number of allegations and proven facts against Johnson during his public life, groping a woman's thigh is not going to turn his apologists and supporters against him is it?

One thing I'm in agreement with Donald Trump on is his contention that “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters,”. For reasons I cannot begin to understand, some people on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean are prepared to believe anything a compulsive liar tells them and it's getting to the stage that the same thing is happening here.

I've remarked on here recently that it's quite amusing to see the knots ardent Leavers have had to tie themselves up in over the last few months as they try to defend the indefensible and, in the time since Johnson became PM, this has extended to those who still support the Conservative Party. Time was that the Conservative party conference offered an easy target for satirists who wanted to portray them as "the hang em/flog em" brigade when it came to, say, stealing bags of crisps, now they have to excuse all sorts of dodgy behaviour because they believe the man responsible is going to get them their Brexit.

My politics are completely different to Trump and Johnson's but my loathing of them has little really to do with that, it's entirely down to the sort of men they are. To illustrate what I mean, just look what Johnson's brother and sister have said and done about him in recent weeks - I know it's said that Brexit has divided families, but come on!

Just look what Max Hastings, his one time boss at the Daily Telegraph and hardly a Corbyn type red, had to say about Johnson;-

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-party-britain

In these times especially, there is a lot of turning arguments on their head and saying "ah yes, but the other lot would be just as bad or worse" (I quite often do it myself), but I don't think that is true in this particular instance. If Jeremy Corbyn was accused of groping a female journalist, then I think that would have serious implications for him as far as the degree of support he had in his party went - on the contrary, it seems the Conservatives are happy to back Johnson on this no matter what.

So many of those willing to give their wholehearted support to Johnson are of an age where they may not be around in twenty years time, but, if they are, and they look themselves in the mirror in 2039 and are absolutely honest with themselves, they may not regard what they did in 2019 as their finest hour.QUOTE]

Just a small alteration as it will be in the future.