From what I've seen of Middlesbrough this season they look far and away the least talented side in the Championship. Clunky, stiff, unable to play a flowing game, players needing to take 2 or 3 touches each time. I would say they're very much like City would be without Tomlin, Ralls, Hoillet. I know they have a few players from their academy in their side but when you see those kids at QPR buzzing about the place I can only assume they're playing in Middlesrough's first team because they're cheap.

Forest aren't a Fulham. They don't even play as slickly as Huddersfield, or Stoke, but they're effective. Solid defence, get up the pitch in as few passes as possible, have a high energy rate/tempo, hard working, reasonably skilfull midfield, and good championship strikers. All things which City could aspire to with probably 4/5 good, sensible signings. To get to the stage of a Fulham, Leeds or WBA would take 2/3 yrs and a huge amount of money, but to become a solid workmanlike, dangerous side like Forest, challenging in 4th place, wouldn't be impossible..