Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
The media really need to be sorted at the moment, we all know it’s a big deal etc but come on, not sure if it’s the government leading them to try and make people scared to go out etc but making a lot of particularly elderly folk I know so depressed they can’t watch it anymore.
There were over 100 deaths announced for Wales yesterday, albeit all but twenty six of them were down to procedural delays which meant they could not be recorded at the time of death.

I found that graph depressing because the, justified, high rating of the NHS and the relatively high ratings of Conservative party politicians seems incompatible to me given ten years of austerity and almost as long pay freezes against staff employed in the health service. While this article shows it's wrong to say all but one Tory directly voted down a pay rise for NHS staff, apart from four who abstained, every Conservative vote against a means by which the pay cap could be ended and it is true to say that some of them cheered when the result was announced;-

https://fullfact.org/health/queens-s...ic-sector-pay/

Also, like Splott Parker, I find myself wondering what Kier Starmer has done to deserve such a low rating.