Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
A bit of perspective might be needed here.

This season is our 20th anniversary of our last promotion from the bottom division. This season will be our 18th consecutively inside the top 2 divisions. Only 17 other clubs can boast that during the same period.

We spent 18 seasons outside of the 2nd tier between 1985 and 2003, 10 of those in the dungeon. Prior to that, we had spent 47 of our 59 seasons inside the top division. The 1930s were a bit of a dark time for the club following a very successful 1920s, and between 1947 and 1985, we spent 2 of 38 seasons outside of the top 2 divisions.

We've played 94 league seasons. Half have been at our current level. We have spent twice as long inside the top 2 divisions as we have outside it.

Since the 2006/07 season, we have not finished lower than 12 in the Championship. We've been in the top 32 clubs in the league for 13 years. I would argue that's where we belong. If anything I reckon we should be a Premier League side.

I'm not being dismissive of the 2 decades struggling around the bottom division. For some that is when their love of the club started. It's where mine started. It's hardly representative of Cardiff City's history though it's an important part.
I think a mid placed championship club is what we are

Occasionally we might go up and hopefully we will stay up but thats going to be about it

I would love us to do a Leicester and win the league with route one football just to piss everyone off but I can't see it happening

We are a medium sized club and have spent far too long in the lower leagues to considered anything else