Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
Interesting comment, Whisperer. Kelly Holmes won 2 Olympic golds on the track following many years of injury set backs so I admire her for overcoming her problems. Paula Radcliffe in the marathon ran on a number of occasions quicker than most British international class men can achieve and is also attractive! Kathy Freeman with the weight of all Australia’s hopes on her shoulders on the final day of the Sydney 2000 track events is also to be admired - although she didn’t came across as being too bright when interviewed.

These 3 are exceptions for me though - am not too interested in women’s’ sport and apart from in athletics cannot think of any memorable sports women. Lots more great women athletes from the past though could be considered like Lillian Board, Mary Rand, Liz McColgan, Jess Ennis, etc etc
I barely now any female sportspersons who aren't olymians or tennis players - I tihnk that's probably because they're he only events where the women play their major events at the same time as the men.
Maybe we should combine the mens and womens world cups