While I can understand and, to a point, sympathise with those who look forward to going out for a pint, to meet up with friends etc, surely it's still about doing only what is essential, not doing as much as we are allowed? I've got friends who have refused to meet up with me since the March lockdown, who still won't go out anywhere, work from home, get their shopping home delivered. I had been looking forward to meeting up with some friends to watch the Swansea game, that won't happen now, but there's the off licence and zoom, which has been better than nothing.

December is traditionally a much busier time for pubs and the Covid rate is creeping up in Wales again. Of course, pubs aren't anywhere near as responsible for spreading Covid as schools and supermarkets, but I can live without visiting a pub for 3 weeks if it means any slight reduction in Covid transmission and more freedom around Christmas time.

As it is, it looks like the brief lockdown hasn't had the impact that was hoped. We could adopt the English tiered system, which would mean currently that all pubs and restaurants would be permanently shut. Clearly, closing schools and supermarkets is never going to happen as people need to buy food and schools, as a childcare facility, are essential for others to work. That means other things are fair game to closure.