Firstly, congratulations to Swansea today. I've seen a few one-sided derbies over the last decade or so, but that was Championship vs League 2. They're a tidy side at this level, but no better than several towards the top.

Secondly, that was one of the worst Cardiff performances I've seen for some years. I'm glad Swansea never really had a go at us or it would have been a QPR score. We lost it in the first half by going back to the gutless, slow, unmotivated effort we'd seen until the last 4 games. It nearly cost us on Tuesday, and perhaps Vokes missed penalty and our unlikely recovery papered over a few cracks.

I've always been an advocate of learning from others when what you're doing isn't good enough, looking at why things go wrong and putting them right. After a dismal game like that, it's natural to do so. When you see a side that are comfortable on the ball, pass it well, there's good movement, players interchange and pull the opposition out of position, show an amount of flair and natural talent, you have to ask what are we doing? We have a limited and ageing squad, Swansea have a young team. It showed. In every aspect on the pitch they were better than us. I'm also wondering if they're better than us in most aspects off the pitch as well.

What is our plan? Do we have one? Do we have a vision where we are aiming to be a modern football club? What foundations are we laying for the future? I haven't known the answers to those for some years. We've managed a promotion and relegation, we're still roughly a top half Championship side, but days like today show how far we need to go.