Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
Or as any normal person would see it, two comeback wins. We didn't come from behind to win in the three 1 goal wins under Warnock. Most? I see you're discounting the 3-0s and the 4-0 win.

Yes, the Warnock money wasted argument does hold up as we still have to pay his f*ck ups. Swansea have managed to play this way without spending huge sums because they already played that way and had the players capable, have had a proper plan in place for years and have a reputation for it. Same goes for Brentford. If we were to do it we'd either have to spend big or go through years of slowly changing the side, something I doubt you'd be very happy with as it would see seasons like this one
Absolutely spot on.

They are deluded. They think we can just flick a switch and change style, still challenge and bring through youngsters whilst others around us either spend millions or they have a long term plan. It’s going to be a slow process and they don’t have the patience.

Is Harris the man to bring sexy football? Probably not but is he a man who can work with this squad of players and keep us competitive whilst slowly changing the squad and style. I think so. He’s brought down the age of the squad at least.

It might take another year or two of consolidation and start signing younger players with resale value to eventually move forward as a football club. For a start we need to stop signing your 28-30 year olds on 3/4 year deals and giving out 2 year deals to injures 34 year olds.

It might take a change of manager, or two changes to get there but there needs to be some kind of plan as a club. Look at Forest they are a basket case. They’ve jumped from one manager to another and got nowhere. Same for Derby and Sheff Wed.