Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
Bob, we have been playing terrible, one paced, directionless football for months now but people have chosen to ignore this due to the odd win (usually Tomlin-inspired last season).

The malaise doesn’t hinge on one specific result. It has been ongoing for months - anyone who watches the team and how it plays can see beyond the results.

The idea that this is some sort of recent crisis triggered by a specific episode or event, is well wide of the mark. We have been sleep walking to this point for months.
I hope I’ve made it clear over a period of years what I think of the type of football we play, but I’m a City fan first and foremost and I’ve said that as long as we kept on winning enough games, I could put up with all of the functional football and, for much of the time, the wins kept on coming.
Although we were rarely enjoyable to watch, we had a resolution, determination and attitude which enabled us to grind out wins - most of our victories came through “winning ugly”, but since the Swansea game, our belief levels have been on the floor, we look weaker physically than our opponents and, from being the sort of team which won games like last night’s 1-0, we’ve become a soft touch that loses them 1-0 now by conceding ridiculous goals.