Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
An interesting piece on the BBC with regards to technology and how its not only shaping the game now but in the future too . As top level elite athletes have now reached there capacity in terms of speed and strength of course the only way to go is AI

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56164159

I keep asking myself will the game get better with such tools at clubs disposal ?
Without knowing for sure I would predict that the AI would disagree with us giving Bamba his last contract or, potentially, giving Bennett an extension this summer but there is a good chance each move will be beneficial overall as i) it keeps these individuals happy and wanting to contribute to our success even if it's in off the field role and ii) it lets potential new signings know we look after players - Moore indicated he could have got more money elsewhere (will always be true) but he wanted to play for us and now we have our best striker in 10+ years. Moore's example may be more to do with him flourishing at CCS but future players could (should) be looking at how they'll be treated on human level as stats become more and more dominant.

Part B: I'd also predict that Josh Stone's stats last year would be negative and describe him as a player to let go but an inventive and confident manager now has him as CB in his dominant team.

Luton seem to be going for balance between traditional scouting and AI which I agree with, but it's still all about finding the advantage where you can, being confident in your strategy, and minimising any disadvantage. That's what made Allardyce's Bolton relatively successful (am sure there are earlier and better examples) and it hasn't really changed.