Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
I wasn't forgetting those games at all. I was simply referring to the standard of football we've witnessed in recent weeks during the games against Huddersfield, Stoke and Swansea, which in my opinion was truly abysmal (I didn't see anything other than very brief highlights of the Watford game, so can't really comment on that). Do you disagree that the football from City in the three games I've mentioned was terrible?

I'm glad you've dived in, though. After all, you were one of the biggest supporters Neil Harris had on this board and you regarded anyone who could see Harris's deficiencies and wanted him out as an idiot. So how are you feeling about the situation now? Do you still think you were right to berate all those who believed Harris should go in the way that you did? Do you still believe he was the right man for the job? Do you still reckon he deserved to keep his job and anyone who thought otherwise was a fool?
I support whoever is the manager of Cardiff City and try to give them a chance and see what they can do. Thats what fans are supposed to do. Harris did a good job at the end of 2019/2020 season when he came in and deserved a reasonable chance to carry that on this season. Other people chose to ridicule him and write him off as soon as he was appointed and the same people did the same thing when Mick McCarthy was appointed. People have been berating the standard of our performances right from the start under McCarthy and you chose to ignore the good performances in other games because it suited your argument. Like Bluebird23 you are also totally ignoring the unprecedented circumstances which the last two seasons have been played under. The players are basically out on their feet (12 games in the last 7 weeks for example) with a few weeks turnaround last summer and hardly any preseason. Currently four first team defenders are out injured with other players playing strapped up or out of position and very inexperienced youngsters having to cover. Hardly surprising therefore that the games have turned into a slog recently. We are lucky to be getting any football at all currently and the fact that we are challenging for a play off spot should be applauded, not continually criticised.