Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
One of my teams football coach inspects them to make sure they are fitted right and all working before the installing company gets the " green grant " from the government

when my boiler Died last year he gave me the details of all the green grants I could get, the costs were a lot higher than a normal boiler, but with the grants it was still a few K more expensive, but the off-set with cheaper running costs over the next years and the fact we would be greener ( I joked Gretta would be happy ) made it a decent change and one we were happy with

then the installer came in ( with my mate to make sure I wasn't being over sold / corners cut ) , new pipe work and bigger rad's, then the installer said " oh the heat will not be as good as the old system, because of your insulation " My walls have cavity wall insulation but its old and to upto todays standard, the floor is concrete with no / very little insulation , it really didn't make sense at the time as you really dont want to be cold in your own home, so I went with a like for like replacement of the boiler
At the moment the only people who have heat pumps are those with strong eco principles. In the mainstream world I don't think they'll ever replace gas/oil, unless there's a massive change in their technology.