Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
I have no idea what team you've been watching if you think that the young players would send us down. They've not even played that much, the way some people go on you'd think 6 of our 11 every week are under 21! The only first team regular who's a "kid" is Mark McGuinness, who's performed better than the other senior defenders this season. The other squad regulars are Davies, Colwill (though not anymore by the looks of things) and Bagan, who started the season in the team. Davies and Colwill have both performed well this season and have had a key role in some of our victories. Other than that Bowen's had a couple of games, as has Evans. King got about 10 minutes and Zimba got 45. The reason we're in a mess are the senior players who've been utterly dreadful all season.

I'm not entirely against some of the loan signings, though I think we've gone a little overboard and the approach got very scattergun by the end, but this narrative of young players playing every week and sending us down is completely unfounded